Anjeer Badaam Milkshake / Fig Almond Milkshake is a healthy, fibre rich, thick and creamy milkshake made with blending soaked dried figs, almonds and chilled milk together. It is gluten free energy drink and can be also enjoyed during vraat (upwaas/fasting). It is a very nutritious and a quick breakfast or cooling after school snack. It is also good fibre rich drink to help in relieving constipation for pregnant ladies. To make it vegan substitute regular milk with almond milk or soymilk .
Do try this healthy fibre rich anjeer badaam milkshake and share your feedback with me.
Also try my other milkshake and smoothie recipes:
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse..
Anjeer Badaam Milkshake / Fig Almond Milkshake
- mixturejar or blender
- big bowl
- 8 dried fig anjeer
- 2.5 cup milk chilled
- 10 almond
- 4 tsp sugar (optional)I have used raw sugar. You can skip sugar to make it sugar free. Or add 3-4 medjool dates or any dates or 3 tsp honey
- 12 almond sliced into halves for garnishing
- 6 ice cubes if needed to make extra chilled milkshake
- Take anjeer (dried fig) in a bowl.
- Add around 1/2 cup of milk to the anjeer and soak them for minimum of 2 hours. Cover and keep it in a fridge to soak.
- After 2 hours the anjeer will absorb milk and puff up and become soft.
- Chop the anjeer and around 10 almonds and put them in the mixture jar or blender.
- Put the leftover soaked milk to it and add sugar. (you can skip adding sugar to make it sugar free. You can also add 3-4 chopped dates or 3 tsp of honey instead).
- Blend the milk, almond, anjeer together till smooth. (you can add 5-6 icecubes for more chilled milkshake while blending).
- Now add the remaining chilled milk and blend everything to smooth.
- Remove the blended milk shake in a bowl. (For kids who do not like some pieces of almonds or anjeer after blending them in the milkshake, strain the milkshake and serve them).
- Pour the anjeer badaam milkshake/ fig almond milkshake in the serving glass. Garnish with sliced almonds and serve it chilled.