Corn Bharta is a very tasty recipe made with fresh corn and capsicum cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy. It can be served with rice, naan, roti or can be eaten plain. I have shown you the restaurant style preparation of corn bharta. The tomato cashew nut gravy made is the basic sauce for many punjabi subjis. You can make this sauce and it can be used with different vegetables of your choice or paneer.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp green chili paste or as per taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium onion boiled and crushed
- 5 medium tomato blanched and pureed
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kitchen king masala
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder or as per taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cashewnut paste (kaju, magajtari, khus khus)
- 1 tsp kasuri methi crushed with hands (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp green chili paste or as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels boiled
- 100 g cottage cheese paneer, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp kitchen king masala
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup water
In a pan heat oil and ghee.
Add green chili paste and ginger garlic paste.
Saute it for a minute till the raw aroma goes away.
Add the boiled onion paste. Saute it for 5 minutes.
Add the blanched and pureed tomato. Mix well. Saute for 5 minutes.
Add all the spices garam masala, red chili powder, kitchen king masala, sugar and salt.
Mix them well and cook till dry and oil seperates.
Now add the cashew nut , magajtari and khus khus paste. (soak 10-15 cashew nuts, one tbsp magajtari and 1 tbsp poppy seeds or khus khus in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and grind to smooth paste adding water if required)
Mix them well. The colour of the gravy will change and become light. Now add kasuri methi crushed with hands.
Mix them well and cook for 2 more minutes. The gravy is ready. This is the basic red gravy and can be used in making different punjabi subjis.
In separate pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds, green chili paste and ginger garlic paste. Saute them for a minute.
Add the chopped onions and saute them till translucent.
Add the chopped red, green and yellow capsicum. Saute them for 3-4 minutes.Do not overcook them. They should remain crunchy.
Now add the boiled sweet corn kernels to it.
Add the garam masala, kitchen king masala, red chili powder, sugar and salt. Mix them well.
Add paneer cubes.
Mix them well and saute for a minute.
Now mix the tossed vegetables in the prepared gravy. Add turmeric powder. Mix them well.
Add water and let the bharta simmer for 5 minutes. Add butter to it.
Mix it well and add the chopped coriander. Mix well and Corn bharta is ready to serve.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot corn bharta with roti, paratha, naan or rice.