Fansi Moong wadi Nu Shaak/ Fansi moong wadi sabji is a quick and easy dish made from French beans and dry moong wadi (split moong bean chunks). It is balanced with greens and proteins and is served with hot chapati.
Moong or Mung Wadis are chunks of split yellow moong bean paste that have been sun-dried. When cooked in a sauce, these dry brittle chunks soak up the flavor of the sauce and become spongy and delicious. They are readily available in the stores. Many people also prefer to make them at home and store them for a year. They are a good source of protein and very quick to make.
Moong wadi is very versatile and can be used in many dishes. It tastes good in tomato based gravy or when cooked with yogurt or when stirred fried with veggies such as cabbage, beans, and potato. It tastes equally good with rice cooked with spices.
This recipe shows how to cook mong wadi with french beans. Everyone at my home loves it. I serve it with chapatis and yogurt. My son loves to sprinkle some grated cheese over it.
It can be enjoyed by people following a vegan diet.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and do not forget to leave your comments!
Fansi Moong wadi Nu Shaak/ Fansi Moong wadi Sabji
Fansi Moong wadi Nu Shaak / Fansi moong wadi sabji is a quick and easy dish made from French beans and dry moong wadi (split moong bean chunks). It is balanced with greens and proteins and is served with hot chapati.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 250 g french beans fansi (washed and chopped finely)
- 1 cup moong wadi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder for extra spiciness you can add chopped green chili
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 cup water
- salt as per taste
- coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add carom seeds, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste. (Add green chili if you want extra spicy)
- Add turmeric powder. Mix well and saute till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes away.
- Add the chopped french beans. Add red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry moong wadi.
- Mix well and add water. Cover with the pressure cooker lid with a whistle. Pressure cook for 4 whistles on high heat and 2 whistles on low heat.
- Let the pressure cooker cool by itself. Open the lid. Mix well
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with hot chapati.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg