Mint (Phudina) Missi Roti is a delicious , healthy North Indian flatbread. The dough is made of whole wheat flour, chick pea flour, spices and mint and coriander leaves. it is then pan fried with oil, ghee or butter and served. It tastes best on its own and can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or raita or yogurt , or pickle for breakfast and or can be served with the curry of your choice.
I had shared with you earlier the recipe of Peas, Methi, Mint, Coriander Missi Roti (Paratha) / Flatbread on the blog.
You can also add chopped onions, green chili with mint and coriander leaves for a delicious variation of missi roti.
The proportion of wheat flour : chick pea flour can be adjusted as per your choice. I prefer adding them in equal proportion.
I had served mint missi roti with paneer cheese ghotala and salad for a complete dinner.
Do try this delicious recipe and share your reviews with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Mint (Phudina) Missi Roti
- mixing flat bowl or dish
- rolling board
- rolling pin
- flat pan
- 1 cup chick pea flour besan
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup mint washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ajwain carom seeds, rubbed between palms
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- salt to taste
- 6 tsp ghee clarified butter, to apply on missi roti
- wheat flour for dusting
- In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, chick pea flour, ajwain seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida, salt, 1/2 tbsp oil. (I forgot to add turmeric in this step and have added later).
- Mix well and add mint and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add little by little water and mix well.
- Bring all dough together and knead into a semi stiff dough.
- Add remaining oil .
- Knead and smoothen the dough. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- The white spots will appear on the dough. Dough has rested well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Take one portion. Roll into a ball and flatten on the rolling board. Dust with wheat flour.
- With the help of rolling pin roll into 10 cm diameter circle of 2mm thickness.
- Gently lift the rolled circle and put on the heated flat pan or tava on medium heat.
- When the bubbles appear flip the roti on another side with flat spatula.
- Press and cook and flip on another side. Press and cook flipping in between on medium to high heat till golden brown spots appear.
- Apply around 1/2 tsp ghee on the top surface.
- The mint missi roti is ready. Remove it on the plate and serve hot.
- Similarly make the remaining mint missi roti and serve with curry of your choice. It can be simply enjoyed with tea in the morning breakfast or can be enjoyed with raita or yogurt and pickle.
- I had served mint missi roti with paneer cheese ghotala.