Tomato Chutney is a South Indian, easy to make, gluten free and vegan chutney. This spicy and tangy chutney is a good accompaniments with South Indian dishes such as Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, vada, Paniyaram. It can be made from all the readily available ingredients from home.
Recipe of different chutney on the blog:
Friends do try the recipe and share your feed back with me
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
- small pan for tempering (tadka)
- mixer grinder
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add urad dal, chana dal, broken dry red chili, chopped ginger and garlic..
- Saute for couple of minutes. Add chopped onions. Saute on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add salt.
- Saute till everything is soft and mushy.
- Add tamarind ball. Saute for half minute.
- Remove in a plate and let the mixture get cooled at room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled mixture in a mixture jar.
- Blend once .
- Now add water and blend again till everything is ground to fine paste or smooth.
- Remove the ground chutney in the bowl.
For Tempering (Tadka)
- Heat oil. Add urad dal.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they crackle add dry red chili, curry leaves, asafoetida. Mix well.
- Pour the hot tempering over the prepared ground chutney.
- Mix well.
- The tomato chutney is ready to serve.
- I had served the tomato chutney with coconut peanut chutney, sambhar and soft soft idli made from idli rava for a complete meal. The chutney can be refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container and can be freezed upto one month.