Peas, Methi, Mint, Coriander Missi Roti (Paratha) / Flatbread is the variation to the regular missi roti that is made using wheat flour, gram flour and spices. Here a paste made of peas is added to the wheat, chickpea and sorghum flour along with green leafy vegetables such as methi, mint and coriander leaves along with sesame seeds and kalonji and kneaded to smooth dough and pan fried on a flat pan. The roti is healthy and carries the fresh flavors of greens and can be enjoyed on its own with a dollop of butter or can be served with curry of your choice or raita or plain yogurt. The rotis can be packed in lunch box with ketchup or pickle or can be enjoyed in breakfast or evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Different flat bread recipes on the blog:
Thalipeeth/ Multigrain Spiced Flatbread
Bajra Jowar Dhebra / Pearl Millet Sorghum Flatbread
Wheat Bhakri / Kathiyawadi Biscuit Bhakri / Wheat Crisp Flatbread
Jowar Na Khatta Meetha Dhebra/ Sorghum Flatbread
Palak Dhebhra / Spinach Flatbread
Palak Paratha (Spinach Flatbread)
Lasaniya Bajri Rotla ( Pearl Millet Flatbread With Garlic)
Ajwaini Makki Ki Roti (Maize Flour flatbread With Carom Seeds)
Parath Paratha (Multiple Layered Indian Flatbread)
Dhana Lahsan Bajri Rotla / Coriander Garlic Pearl Millet Flat Bread
Dhana Lahsan Jowar Rotla / Coriander Garlic Sorghum Flat Bread
Beet Root Paratha (Beet Root Flat Bread)
Methi Dhebra (Fenugreek Chapati)
Friends do try this recipes and I am sure you will love them. Please do share your valuable feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse, aur banao dilse….
Peas, Methi, Mint, Coriander Missi Roti (Paratha) / Flatbread
- mixture jar
- mixing bowl
- rolling board
- rolling pin
- flat pan
- 1.5 cup peas
- 1 green chili or more as per the spice level needed
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fenugreek leaves methi, washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chives washed and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds kalonji
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 2 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds til
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour besan
- 1 cup sorghum flour jowar
- salt to taste
- 18 tsp oil for roasting
- wheat flour for dusting
- In a mixture jar take peas and green chili. Grind them to a smooth paste.
- Remove the paste in the bowl.
- In a mixing bowl or flat deep plate add the prepares peas paste, chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander, chopped garlic chives , 1 tbsp oil, and ginger garlic paste. (If you do not have ginger garlic paste then add 4 garlic cloves and 1/2 inch ginger to the peas in the grinder in the above paste and grind).
- Mix them well with hands.
- Now add wheat flour, chick pea flour, sorghum flour, salt, sesame seeds, carom seeds, kalonji, chat masala, sour cream . Mix well with finger tips.
- Now apply gentle pressure and knead into a semi soft dough. Put remaining oil.
- Knead and smooth the dough. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Now knead the dough again and divide into equal portions. Take one portion and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball on a rolling board and dust with flour.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll the dough into a 15 cm circle with 2 mm thickness.
- Lift the rolled circle and put it on the heated flat pan on medium heat.
- After half minute bubbles will start to form.
- Now with the help of spatula flip the roti to another side. Apply 1/2 tsp of oil. Spread it evenly with spatula on the roti. Keep the heat on high now.
- Flip the roti. Apply 1/2 tsp of oil and spread with spatula and press and cook on high heat.
- Cook pressing and flipping on both sides till golden. The peas , methi, mint, coriander missi roti is ready.
- Remove in a plate and serve with a dollop of butter on it. Similarly make roti with remaining dough.
- Serve the peas, methi, mint, coriander, missi roti with the curry of your choice or yogurt or raita or soup. It is perfect to be packed into lunchbox along with chunda, pickle, ketchup or yogurt or good to enjoy with a cup of tea in breakfast or evening snack.
5 thoughts on “Peas, Methi, Mint, Coriander Missi Roti (Paratha) / Flatbread”
Nice,healthy, full of vegetables 👌👌👌
Thank you so much