Winter brings in fresh veggies. The best way to utilize these veggies is by preparing soup. I like to treat my family with healthy soups the use a lot of veggies. At my home, my son requests to make soup of a particular colour. For example:
red soup – made by using red color veggies – tomato, beetroot, carrot, red capsicum (mix vegetable soup with beetroot)
white soup – made by using all white vegetables – potato, cabbage, onion, cauliflower, bottle gourd (doodhi/lauki), almonds (cauliflower and almond soup, potato and leek soup)
yellow soup -made by using yellow color veggies – pumpkin, yellow capsicum, carrot, red lentil (pumpkin soup)
green soup – made by using green color veggies -spinach, peas, green capsicum, cabbage, bottle gourd, almonds, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, leeks (spinach and peas soup, broccoli and almond soup, broccoli potato and leek soup)
I am happy he enjoys this thick soups and I feel it is the good way to give him many vegetables in a single dish. He will enjoy with any type of bread, sandwich, rice, thepla or dhebra. I make different types of soup at least twice a week. Happy son and happy me.
Today I am sharing with you all the step by step video of making mix vegetable soup with beetroot. It is winter in Sydney here. I had made this soup along with grilled spinach and corn sandwich. I have shared the recipe and video of making grilled spinach and corn sandwich earlier.
I am making soup without using any butter or cream. I prefer using olive oil and the veggies itself give a creaminess to the soup once blended. You can add butter and cream to make it richer.
You can make this soup in a pressure cooker or in an open pot.
I prefer making it in the pressure cooker as it is quicker to make. Vegetables take a longer time to cook in an open pot. To make this soup in an open pot – after sauteing all the veggies as shown in the video add 6-7 cups of water and cook the vegetables on medium heat for 45 minutes or till they get soft. Check the water in between.
I have blended the veggies when hot directly with a stick blender. If using a mixer, blend the soup after the vegetables cool down.
The soup is rich in minerals, vitamins, and fiber and is the best way to enjoy all the veggies. You can use veggies of your choice such as potato, cabbage, bottle gourd. If you do not have red capsicum, use green capsicum. The color of the soup may differ as red capsicum lends the soup nice red color.
You can also try other soups:
So friends do try this healthy soup and please share your comments below. Also please share your reviews if you have used some different veggies.
Mix Vegetable Soup With Beetroot
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick dalchini
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 small onion washed and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum washed and finely chopped (if you do not have red capsicum, use green capsicum. The color of the soup will slightly differ)
- 1 carrot washed and sliced
- 1 beetroot washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup cauliflower floret washed and chopped
- 1 tomato washed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker pan. Once heated add cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Add the chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped red capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped carrot, beetroot and cauliflower. Saute them for a minute.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add cumin seed powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid. Put the whistle and pressure cook for 7-8 whistles. (if cooking in an open pot add 6 cups of water and cook on medium heat for 45 minutes or till the vegetables get soft. Check water in between if needed add more).
- Let the pressure cooker cool. Open the lid.
- Blend the soup with the stick blender till smooth. (In an open pan, blend the cooked vegetable mixture till smooth with a stick blender.) In case of grinding in a mixture jar, let the cooked vegetables cool with water and then grind in the mixer till smooth.
- Strain the blended soup with as soup strainer.
- Take the strained soup in the pot and boil it for 7-8 minutes. The mix vegetable and beetroot soup is ready to serve.
- Serve the soup hot with sandwich, thepla or dhebra or just enjoy it as an onemealdish.