Mushroom Veg Masala is a very simple curry made with mushroom, veggies and regular spices. It is quick and easy to make and does not need any pre-preparation. It is vegan and glutenfree. It can be enjoyed with roti, paratha or rice. It is a simple and quick recipes to be made for office lunchbox or a quick weeknight dinner.
This is a very frequent dish made at my home. I usually make this for my husband’s (Mithil) lunch box. The dish is so simple, quick, easy and yet delicious. It is liked by his colleagues in the office.
The dish uses less oil. Hence I prefer cooking it either in a thick bottom pan or non stick pan. Also cook the dish on low or medium heat. Stir often to avoid sticking at the bottom if not using a non stick pan.
So friends do try this simple, quick, easy and delicious recipe for a quick lunch to be made for office dabba in the morning or enjoy it making for a quick weeknight meal.
Mushroom Veg Masala
- 2 cup white mushroom washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum green, red or yellow chopped
- 1 carrot washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas I have used frozen peas.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi powder or kashuri methi crushed between palms
- salt as per taste
- 3/4 cup water or more if needed to adjust the consistency
- onion rings for garnishing
- coriander for garnishing
- In an pan or kadhai, heat oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds. When they crackle add onions and carrots and saute till onions are translucent. Cover and cook for couple of minutes till carrots are soften.
- Add capsicum and saute. Add ginger garlic paste when capsicum are soften. Mix well. Cook on low heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Mix well and let the tomatoes soften on medium heat. Stir them.
- Add spices - turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander cumin powder and garam masala on low heat.
- Add salt and mix well. Saute for a minute on low heat.
- Add chopped mushroom.
- Mix them well and add peas.
- Add water and cook on medium heat.
- Cook till the water starts boiling. Add kasuri methi powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes till the flavors of spices and infused in the mushroom and veg and water is evaported and remains half in quantity.
- Switch off the heat. The mushroom veg masala is ready to serve.
- Remove in serving bowl. Garnish with onion rings and coriander and serve hot with roti, paratha or rice. I have packed it with palak dhebra for my husbands office lunch box.