Sugared Sweet Potato Chips (slices) /Meetha Shakkariya Ni Katran is a very easy to make sweet for any day. The sweet potato slices are cooked with ghee, sugar and flavored with cardamom powder. The trick is to add the sugar after the sweet potato is cooked to give it a nice caramalised taste and texture. Usually the dish is made during vraat or upwaas and is gluten free. But it can be enjoyed for any occasion.
I love this recipe a lot. My mom (Rekha Ramolia) makes it frequently when she is fasting. You can cook this recipe with white sweet potato or purple sweet potato. You can cook with the regular potato or carrot or beet root. You can add honey in place of sugar too. But always add sugar at the end and then cook in open pan for 5 minutes till sugar melts and coats well with the slices and then let it caramalised by cooking till the slices are golden and brown.
Sugared sweet potato chips (slices) served in the farali platter as a sweet dish or side dish.
Friends do try this recipe and please share your reviews with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse..
Sugared Sweet Potato Chips (slices) /Meetha Shakkariya Ni Katran
- Pan with lid
- 2 sweet potato washed, peeled and cut into 1 mm round slices
- 1 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 2 tbsp sugar and a tbsp more if your prefer more sweetness. I had used raw sugar
- 1 tsp elaichi powder cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan or any heavy bottom pan on medium heat . Once the ghee is melted add the cut sweet potato slices and toss well till ghee is coated on every slice.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Cook till the sweet potatoes are cooked but the should be firm and not mushy.
- Sprinkle sugar on the slices and cardamom powder. Gently mix so that the sugar and cardamom are coated well on the slices.
- Cook for further or till the sugar is melted and then let it caramelized on the sweet potato. Cook on medium heat flipping gently the silces in between. The slices will become golden and brown. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the sugared sweet potato chips (slices) or meetha shakkariya ni katran in the bowl and serve it warm or cold.
- I had served the sugared sweet potato chips (slices) as a sweet dish in my farali platter along with moraiyo, suran nu shaak, zucchini raita, chips, laddoo, mango
1 thought on “Sugared Sweet Potato Chips (slices) /Meetha Shakkariya Ni Katran”