Zucchini Raita is a quick recipe made by cooking zucchini in oil with cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chili, crushed roasted peanuts. . Yogurt is then added to the cooked zucchini, mixed and served chilled with the dish of your choice such as roti, thepla, rice, pulao, or can be served as an accompaniment with sabudana fritter or khichi, moraiyo , rajigra ni puri or any farali (fasting ) recipes when fasting. The raita is gluten free and is delish and can be enjoyed own its own .
Other raita or yogurt dip on the blog:
Green Veg Palak (Spinach) Rice With Boondi Raita
Friends do try this recipe and share your feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
- small heavy bottom pan
- 1 zucchini washed and grated. Do not peel the zucchini. I had used the green color zucchini. If you do not have zucchini then it can be replaced with dudhi, lauki or bottle gourd.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing , optional
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 green chili very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peanut powder roasted
- 1 cup yogurt dahi, curd (chilled). I had used homemade curd.
- salt to taste
- I forgot to take the pic of the oil tempering made as was in hurry. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let they crackle. Add chopped green chili, curry leaves and asafoetida. (Some people do not add hing while fasting so it is optional you can avoid adding hing if you do not prefer). Saute and mix well. Now add grated zucchini and salt.Add salt for the part of yogurt too here or add while mixing with yogurt at the end. Mix well. Add the roasted peanut powder. Mix.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- The zucchini will soften and start to realease water. Remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes or until the water dries out on medium heat.
- The water is dried and the zucchini is cooked properly. Remove from the heat and remove in a bowl and let it cool completely.
- Add the yogurt and mix well. Refrigerate the raita and serve chilled.
- Remove the raita in the serving bowl and serve with moraiyo or sabudana khichdi or wada or patis or any farali food or you can serve with your regular everydal meal like roti, thepla, pulao.
- I had served raita in the farali platter as shown.
- Zucchini raita was enjoyed with garma garam sabudana vada too.