Baked Palak Paneer Samosa is a nonfried variation of samosa dish made with an outer covering made with spinach and stuffed with spicy paneer (cottage cheese) filling. It is baked and a perfect treat for people avoiding the deep fried food.
Click for the for regular baked samosa below:
You can this try out different variatons in making samosa by making filling with different ingredients.
Enjoy making this non fried samosa and please share your views with me.
Baked Palak Paneer Samosa
For Outer Covering
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 1/2 cup green peas boiled
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder amchur
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander washed and chopped
- 200 g paneer cut into small cubes
- 4 tsp oil for making stuffing and brushing the samosa
- salt to taste
- water for sealing edges
For Outer Covering
- In a big bowl take whole wheat flour, maida, and cornflour. Add salt, lemon juice, and oil (keep 1 tsp oil aside for smoothening the dough).
- Mix well till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add spinach puree to it and mix well.
- Knead into a stiff dough like paratha.
- Add 1 tsp oil and smoothen the dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep the dough aside. In the meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
- In the pan add two tsp oil, add cumin seed and fry. Once the cumin seed crackles, add ginger chili paste and saute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add turmeric, coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder (amchur) and garam masala. Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the boiled peas and mix well.
- Add the chopped paneer cubes and salt.
- Mix well and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and saute for a minute. The stuffing is ready. Keep it aside and let it cool.
Filling and baking samosa
- Make equal balls from the kneaded dough. Take one ball, flatten it and dust it with flour.
- Roll the dough into a circle (around 18 cm). Cut the circle into half.
- Take one part and make a cone from it by bringing both the edges together. Seal the edges by applying water.
- Put the prepared filling in the cone pressing lightly so that it is packed without any air pockets. Apply water on the upper edges and seal it.
- The samosa is stuffed.
- Similarly, prepare the remaining samosas.
- Put the samosa on the baking paper. Apply oil on it. Bake the samosa in the preheated oven at 200 C for 25-30 minutes or till crispy.
- The baked palak paneer samosa is ready to serve.