Baked Stuffed Mushrooms is a quick, easy and tasty non fried hot snack made by stuffing the mushroom with the filling made with onion, capsicum, cheese and herbs (or any filling of your choice) and is then baked and served hot. It is a crowd pleaser and an irresistible treat to mushroom lovers.
I had made baked stuffed mushrooms many times but was never able to click the pictures to share. This recipe is enjoyed by all my family and friends.
This time my husband (Mithil Shah) and my father in law (Chetan Shah) had requested me to make the stuffed mushrooms on my husband’s birthday for dinner along with hariyali paneer tikka, tandoori aloo. Finally this time I had got chance to click the pictures to be posted on the blog.
I prefer using fresh big size white cup mushrooms for the recipe. For the stuffing I had used onion, capsicum, dried herbs, coriander and cheeseh. This stuffing can also be used to make open toast sandwich or grilled wraps. Since my mother in law (Geeta Shah) do no like mushrooms, I had kept some stuffing aside for making bread toast for her. I had placed the stuffing on the buttered bread slice and bake it in the oven at 180C for 10 minutes or till crisp. She enjoyed it a lot. You can use the stuffing of your choice of try variations using different combinations with paneer, spinach, parsley, mint, corn, carrots, potato, garlic or any filling of your choice.
My friend Kavita suggested me to use feta cheese in the stuffing. That is again a good combination.
I had used dried herbs but if you have fresh herbs it will increase the flavor of the dish.
This recipe is very simple and easy to make. For the party or get together at home, stuff the mushrooms and refrigerate them. Just before serving baked them and serve.
A lot of water will be released when the mushrooms are baking and hence it is a good option to put the mushrooms on the baking paper lined on the baking tray. This way the water will be accumulated on the baking paper and hence will be less messy and easy to clean.
You can involve your kids to help in stuffing mushrooms and arranging them on baking tray. They will enjoy this activity.
Friends do try out this recipe and share your feedback with me!
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baking tray
- baking paper
- 15 mushroom washed and dried with kitchen towel
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated, I have used mixed of cheddar , parmesan, mozzarella cheese readily available from store.
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs dried
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried (You can also add fresh)
- 1/2 tsp basil dried (you can also add fresh)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes or as per the spice level needed
- salt to taste (Be careful as cheese has salti
- In a bowl add chopped onion, capsicum and coriander.
- Add mixed herbs, basil, parsley, chili flakes, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Add grated cheese.
- Mix well. The stuffing is ready. (This stuffing can also be used to make open bread toast like a bruschetta).
- Take the mushrooms and with the help knife cut and remove the stem as show
- Carefully put the stuffing into the hole and press it lightly.
- Stuff all the mushrooms.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake the mushroom in the preheated oven at 180 C for 10 -12 minutes. (Lot of water will be released from the mushroom while it is cooking and so it is better to put them on a baking paper while cooking as it makes cleaning process easier later.)
- The baked stuffed mushrooms are ready. Remove them in a serving plate and serve hot.
- They look super delicious and are quickly finished too!! So be quick to grab one!!
2 thoughts on “Baked Stuffed Mushrooms”
Quick,easy nd nonfried snack, very nice recipe
Thank you so much!!