Celebrating 400 recipes on the blog with this healthy sweet for you all. Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support always. With your motivation I have sailed and reached the journey of my blog with 400 recipes.
Date Nut Cacao Coconut Energy Bar are nutritious and no sugar energy bar, quick and easy to make and loaded with goodness of dates, walnuts, coconut and cacao powder. They are no cook bar and can be enjoyed as a guilt free treat at any time of the day. They are gluten free and can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 10-15 days.
They are a good option to be packed for a healthy lunch box treat. My son loved it to the fullest and tells: “Mumma can I have those addictive snack you made”. He will enjoy them as a little treat whenever he wants to have a snack . You can add nuts of your choice. To make the bar vegan add coconut oil in place of butter. You can shape like a ball or oval or square as per your liking.
Cacao is an ancient super food known for its high antioxidant and magnesium qualities. Unlike cocoa powder , cacao powder has not been processed at high temperature which means these rich nutrients and antioxidants have been retained. Also it does not contain any sugar. Hence it is good to use cacao powder raw to make a smoothie, any raw slice or protein or energy balls.
Now a days every one wants something healthy and low in calorie to eat. These bars are good option to make in the festivals and gift to your loved ones.
Friends other similar recipes on the blog:
Friends do try these fuss free and easy to make bars and please share your reviews with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse, aur banao dilse…
Date Nut Cacao Coconut Energy Bar
- food processor or chopper or grinder
- measuring ruler
- baking paper
- flat tray
- flat spatula
- 2 cup dates or around 20 . ( I had used medjool dates)
- 1.5 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut or any nut of your choice such as almonds, cashew nut, pistachio, hazelnut
- 5 tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil or ghee. I had taken salted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor or chopper or mixer grinder take chopped dates, walnuts, desiccated coconut, cacao powder and salt. Adding salt balanced the sweetness of dates and enhances the flavor of cacao powder.
- Pulse them all together till everything is chopped very finely and blended well.
- Add melted butter. Blend again. (You can also add melted ghee or coconut oil in place of butter. To make vegan use coconut oil).
- Blend till everything comes together and ground well. The , butter, oil from the walnut and stickiness of carrot will bring them together when taken in hand and pressed. (If you want to have crunch in every bite of the bar then chop few walnuts from the above quantity and mix to the mixtured after removing from the food processor).
- With the help of spatula remove the mixture on baking paper. Spread and shape to a square and smoothen the surface with the help of spatula.
- The mixture is smoothen and shaped well. Transfer the baking paper on a flat tray and cover with another butter paper or cling wrap and refrigerate for a minium of 30 minutes.
- With the help of a ruler,make a cut at equal distance and then with a sharp knife cut into equal length as shown.
- Now similarly cut into equal sizes horizontally.
- Carefully separate and remove the pieces.
- Enjoy the no cooked or no bake energy bar as a sweet cravings at any time of the day. The bar can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 15 days. They are a healthy lunch box treat.