Homemade Vegetable Supreme Pizza is a classic pizza made using pizza base made at home using all purpose flour (maida) and semolina (sooji). A generous amount of homemade pizza sauce is spread and is topped with fresh vegetables – capsicum, onion, tomato, corn, and olives. It is eggless. It is a good recipe to involve your family and kids and enjoy making it. A delicious recipe to enjoy your pizza night at home!!
I prefer using whole wheat flour when making pizza at home to make it healthier. My husband’s school friend Shweta Parashar who stays in Mittagong, Australia had invited us for a pizza night at her home. She had a pizza maker at home and making pizza in it is was fun. She had made the pizza dough at home. She had used all purpose flour to make the pizza dough. To make the pizza base firm, she added semolina in the dough along with all purpose flour. The pizza came out flaky and crisp and firm from the bottom. The dough, pizza sauce pizza toppings were ready. Now it was time to roll, assemble and bake the pizza. She rolled pizza to thin crust and spread the sauce on it and topped it with the toppings as per individual choice – vegetables, cheese and tomato, chicken and cheese. She baked the pizza in her pizza maker which just took about 7-8 minutes for each pizza to get ready. We enjoyed every bite of freshly baked homemade pizza. It beat the restaurant pizza and all of us relished the pizzas to the fullest!! It was a successful pizza night.
After we came from her place, one day Aarav (my son) and Mithil (my husband) wanted to eat the pizza that taste like the restaurant and not the whole wheat pizza that I regularly make. I remembered the pizza that Shweta made. I made the pizza dough using all purpose flour and semolina. Addition of semolina to the all purpose flour will make the pizza a little healthier. I do not have a pizza maker and I had baked the pizza in the regular oven. But believe me the pizza came out so well. They were very flaky, light, and crisp and firm from bottom. At our home everyone loves thin crust pizza and so I have rolled pizza very thin.
I have used my homemade pizza sauce for the recipe.
I had some dough left and I had planned to make pizza for next night. It is said “dane dane pe likha hain khane wale ka naam”. Next day my friend Mithan and her family came for tea at my place. They like pizza and so I thought of offering them this delicious fresh and homemade pizza with tea. They loved it very much and given thumbs up to me!
So now whenever we want to cheat our selves and want to enjoy a restaurant style pizza I make pizza dough using all purpose flour with semolina. My son likes to roll his own pizza. He likes to give his own shape to the pizza and my husband helps me with chopping and assembling the pizza. What a perfect way to celebrate pizza night at home with everyone!!
You can spread the toppings of your choice to make different varieties of pizza. We have made vegetable supreme pizza for our selves and my son enjoyed homemade tomato and cheese pizza.
You can try Paneer Tikka Pizza
using this pizza base.
Thank you Shweta for sharing this amazing pizza base recipe with me and it is hit in my house. Friends do make it and I would love to hear your reviews.
Till then Khao dilse, khilao dilse, aur banao dilse ….
Homemade Vegetable Supreme Pizza
- 3 cup all purpose flour maida
- 1 cup semolina sooji
- 14 g instant dry yeast 2 sachet yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cup water or more if needed
- 1 cup pizza sauce I have used homemade pizza sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green capsicum chopped
- 1 small red capsicum chopped
- 1 big tomato deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn boiled
- 1/2 cup black olive sliced
- 1 cup cheese shredded ( I have used mixed cheese - cheddar and mozarella)
- 4 tsp pizza seasoning or italian herbs
- chili flakes as needed
- some extra flour for dusting
- 1 tsp oil for greasing the bowl
- First we will activate the yeast. In a bowl take luke warm water. It should be around 40 C. Put sugar in it and mix well.
- Put the instant dry yeast in it and mix well. Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- After 10 minutes the yeast is nicely activated and is frothy.
- In a mixing bowl, take all purpose flour (maida), semolina (sooji), salt, 2 tbsp oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour the activated yeast mixture and mix well.
- Bring all the flour together using your hands. The flour will be sticky.
- Knead well stretching vertically and kneading back for 8-10 minutes. The mixture will be sticky then. If you want you can dust some flour and knead again. After some time the mixture will start leaving the surface and will together.
- Knead more till the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Add the remaining oil .
- Knead well till oil is nicely absorbed.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and keep it in a warm place for the dough to rise for 1 hour. (I keep the bowl in a microwave).
- After 1 hour the dough is doubled and risen well.
- Punch the flour with your fist. This helps to remove the air bubbles generated with the yeast.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts to make large pizza. You can divide the dough as per your choice to make small, medium or large pizza with thin or thick crust.
- Take a butter paper and take one ball and flatten it and with a help of rolling pin start to roll the pizza. (My son is helping me to roll the pizza. He has rolled his own pizza to make tomato and cheese topping pizza).
- Roll the dough into a large thin circle. ( I have made around 30 cm diameter). Prick the base with the help of fork.
- Now spread around 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on the pizza base.
- Top it evenly with different veggies - red and green capsicum, deseeded tomato, onions, sweet corn and sliced black olives.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese over it and put the pizza along with the butter paper on a oven rack and bake at 200 C for 12-15 minutes or till the base is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- The homemade vegetable supreme pizza is ready. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the pizza seasoning, chili flakes and cut into wedges and serve hot.
- Enjoy every bite of your pizza!