Instant Koprapak Using Condensed Milk / Nariyal Burfi / Coconut Fudge is a quick and fuss free way of making the traditional koprapak with the help of condensed milk. Just mix desiccated coconut with condensed milk and cook on medium heat till everything comes together. This is a very quick and easy sweet and can be cooked in 10-12 minutes and enjoyed or gifted in this festive season. It is gluten free, juicy, moist , delicious and can be enjoyed during upwaas (vraat).
Instant Koprapak Using Condensed Milk / Nariyal Burfi / Coconut Fudge
- non stick pan
- deep plate or tray or tin
- Take condensed milk in a non stick pan.
- Add desiccated coconut to it. Mix well.
- Switch on the heat . Keep on medium heat. (I found the mixture to be dry and hence added 1/2 cup of milk). However if the mixture is mixed well and is moist then no need to add milk.
- Stir on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 minutes the mixture has absorbed moisture and started to thicken. Add cardamom powder or any flavor of your choice such as rose water, saffron, almond essence, vanilla essence.
- Stir for couple of minutes. The mixture will come together and when pressed with spatula it can be pressed well. Or you can take some mixture in your hands and if it can forms smooth ball on rolling then the mixture is ready to be spread on the greased tray. Take the pan off the heat.
- Pour the mixture in the greased deep plate or tray or baking tin or deep square glass container. Evenly spread with the help of a spatula.
- Press the mixture from top by tapping with a small flat greased bowl and even the surface or press with spatula.
- Sprinkle some more cardamom powder ( You can also sprinkle nuts of your choice) and press. Now keep aside for 30 minutes to set.
- With the sharp knife cut into the desired shape and with the help of flat spatula remove the pieces. You can smoothen the edges with your finger and serve. The instant koprapak can be refrigerated in an airtight container for a week.
- You can also shape the koprapak into round or cylindrical balls as shown. (Grease your palms with ghee and take a portion of the warm mixture and roll it into ball or cylinder or oval).