Moong Oat Toast is a very healthy and nutritious snack made by spreading the mixture made with moong sprout, oats, coriander, spinach, on a slice of bread and toasting it on a pan. It is very easy and quick snack and packed with all healthy ingredients. It is cooked with minimum oil and can be served as a breakfast or after noon snack.
To make the toast vegan skip adding cheese or use vegan cheese. To make it gluten free do not use bread and just cook the ground paste directly on pan and serve.
Friends this is a very healthy recipe and yet tasty. Please do try and share your feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Moong Oat Toast
- mixer jar
- plate or board
- non stick pan
- 1 cup moong sprout or 1/2 cup moong soaked overnight in water
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 green chili or as per spice level needed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach washed and roughly chopped
- 4 slices bread
- 2 low fat cheese slice optional, To make vegan skip adding cheese or use vegan cheese
- 2 tsp oil to roast
- ketchup to serve
- salt as per taste
- Take sprouted moong. (to sprout the moong. wash 2-3 times moong in water and then soak it 24 hours changing water after 12 hours. After that drain remove the moong in a colander or strainer. Put the colander or strainer on a bowl. Cover the plate and put it in a warm place for other 24 hours or till the moong are sprouted. Sprinkle some water on the moong after 12 hours and drain and cover and keep again to sprout).
- In a mixer jar, take moong sprout, (if you do not have sprout then you can also used over night soaked moong), add green chili , cumin seeds. Grind it. Add a tbsp of water if needed to grind.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Add chopped spinach ( I had used baby spinach). Add baking powder and salt. Grind. (if you do not want to add spinach you can add coriander leaves in its place instead).
- Add the quick oats.
- Grind to a paste. The mixture will grind well with water released from coriander and spinach.
- Remove the ground paste in a bowl and mix well.
- Take bread slice and lightly toast on a pan on both sides without oil. (I had toasted in a pop up toaster). Spread the ground paste evenly on the bread.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Brush some oil over it. (You can also use butter).
- Put the coated side down facing the pan as shown and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat or golden. Brush some oil over the bread.
- Flip and cook the bottom of the bread till crisp and golden on medium heat.
- Remove in a plate or chopping board . Cut into half.
- Put cheese slice strips on it and decorate with ketchup. (I had put cheese slice for my son and for us it was without cheese). (to make it vegan avoid adding cheese or use vegan cheese).
- The yummy, delicious and nutritious moong oat toast is ready to serve. Serve with ketchup for breakfast or a healthy after noon snack. Enjoy.
- To make it gluten free, I also sometimes do not use bread for us and instead just spread the ground paste in the shape of square on a pan and cook.