Roasted Gram Laddoo With Jaggery / Bhuna Chana Laddoo is a delicious sweet made quickly with roasted gram, dry nuts, coconut, ghee and jaggery. It is flavored with cardamom powder. It is protein rich and good source of energy. It can be stored in an airtight container for 15 days. It is gluten free.
With the upcoming festival these laddoos are very quick and easy to make. They do not require longer cooking period or setting time. Also they are nutritious and full of protein. They are good source of energy and are a healthy afternoon snack for active kids.
Check on my different recipe of laddoos:
Enjoy the festive season with your loved ones!!
Roasted Gram Laddoo With Jaggery / Bhuna Chana Laddoo
- Take roasted gram/ bhuna chana/putana/daalia/daaria.
- Grind the roasted gram into a fine powder in a mixture grinder.
- Chop all the nuts of your choice ( I have used almonds, cashew nuts and pistachio). Grind them into powder.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in the pan.
- Once the ghee melted and heated add powdered roasted gram. Stir for a minute.
- The aroma of the roasted gram is released as it is roasted. Add powdered nuts and desiccated coconut.
- Mix well and roast for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Now remove in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 3/4 cup of ghee in the same pan.
- Once the ghee is melted add jaggery and few strands of saffron.
- Let the jaggery melt. (Be careful not the overcook the jaggery, it should only melt in the ghee).
- Now add the roasted gram mixture. Switch off the heat. Or remove the vessel from the heat.
- Mix well jaggery and roasted gram mixture. Add cardamom powder to it.
- Mix well. The mixture is ready to roll into laddoo.
- Grease your palms and take little mixture in it. Shape the mixture into a small lemon size ball. Smoothen the ball between your palms. The laddoo is ready. Keep it on a dish to set. Similarly make the remaining laddoo. Let they set for 30 minutes. Serve them or store in an airtight container.