Simple And Easy Vegetable Fried Rice is quickly made by stir frying vegetables and rice together and flavored with soy sauce and chili sauce. This gluten free and vegan recipe is perfect for a quick week night meal and can be packed for lunch boxes. It is even quicker when cooked with leftover rice.
The Asian restaurants here in Sydney serve this type of vegetable fried rice. I have enjoyed them mostly in the restaurants serving dumplings. I enjoy the different dipping sauce and chili oil served along with the dumplings and rice.
We had gone to restaurant named Dumpling queen (It is a chain of restaurant in Sydney that serve very nice dumplings) and had ordered vegetable dumplings and vegetable fried rice. We thoroughly relished both the dishes. They had served chili oil and sriracha sauce with dumplings and rice.
Below is the pic of the rice that we had at the restaurant.
My son (Aarav) who is foodie, requested me to make the vegetable fried rice that we had at the Dumpling queen. I had taken picture of the dish and and from that and the flavor that I had tasted , I made this rice for him and since then it is his favorite. He did not like the peas and corn, but now he enjoys them in this vegetable fried rice and I make it often for a quick week night meal. The rice that we had in the restaurant had eggs in it. I usually do not add egg when I make at home.
I have used jasmine rice to make the dish. You can use the rice of your choice or any long grained rice. The dish is very quicker to make if you use leftover rice.
Friends I hope you will give a quick try to make this recipe. Please do share your valuable feedback with me.
Khao dilse, Khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Simple And Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cup jasmine rice or any long grain rice
- 3 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil I have used peanut oil
- 1/4 cup celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernel boiled
- 1/2 cup peas boiled
- 2 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce I have used the regular light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce or as per spice level needed. I have used Sriracha sauce
- salt to taste, keep in mind soy sauce has salt in it
- Take Jasmine rice. Soak it in water for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a broad pan add the soaked and drained jasmine rice. Add water to it.
- Mix well and let the water come to boil.
- Mix well once the water starts to boil.
- Lower the heat. cover and simmer the rice for 10-15 minutes till the water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Switch off the heat. The rice is cooked.
- Jasmine rice is ready . Let it cool.
- In a wok or pan, heat oil. Once oil is heated add chopped celery to it. Saute till aromatic.
- Add the chopped carrots, boiled peas and corn and saute for couple of minutes. The carrots should be firm so do not over cook them.
- Add the prepared rice. (You can also use any leftover rice). Add soy sauce to it.
- Mix well and add chili sauce. (I have used sriracha sauce).
- Mix well and cook for a minute. The rice is ready to serve.
- Serve the simple and easy vegetable fried rice in a bowl. Decorate with celery stick. Drizzle some sriracha sauve and chili oil on it and serve. (I have made chili oil – Heat peanut oil to smoking point. Let it cool. It sould be still warm. Add salt and kashmiri red chili powder and red chili flakes. Mix well. Cover and let it sit for 3-4 hours to absorb all the flavors. Once cool, store in an airtight glass container. It can be refrigerated for long time. Enjoy with fried rice, dumplings, noodles).