Vegetarian Singapore Noodles are easy and quick to prepare anytime for a satisfying meal. The thin rice noodles are stir fried with lots of veggies along with ginger and garlic and flavored with curry powder , soy sauce and chili sauce. The curry powder imparts a nice yellow colour to the noodles. The dish is gluten free and vegan.
For the protein in place of chicken , fish or meat you can can tofu, tempeh or paneer or soy nuggets or boiled chick peas.
Friends do try this recipe and share your reviews with me.
Khoa dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Vegetarian Singapore Noodles
- heavy bottom pan or wok with lid
- heavy bottom pan
- small bowl
- small pan
- 250 g rice noodles thin
- 4 tbsp peanut oil or sesame oil
- 5 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chili slit into halves or finely chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 3 spring onion both white and green finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum cut into strips on julienne
- 1/2 red capsicum cut into strips or julienne
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 7 mushroom sliced. I had used button mushroom
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp chili sauce or more or less as per spice level needed
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce or 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp curry powder I had used the mild store brought curry powder. or you can use 1 tsp of garam masala and 1/2 tsp kitchen king masala.
- 1 tsp red chili powder I had used kashmiri red chili powder to make chili oil. It gives nice bright colour to the oil and does not make it hot.
- salt to taste
- water as needed to boil the noodles
- Heat sufficient water in a flat deep bottom pot. Bring the water to boil.
- Once the water comes to boil, remove pot from the heat. Put the thin rice noodle cakes in the water. Let it sit for about 5-6 minutes.
- Loosen with fork .
- Strain the water from noodles with the help of strainer.
- Since the rice noodles are long, it is a good idea to cut them with scissors. Cut them into halves as shown.
- Making chili oil – Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small pan.
- Take chili powder in a small bowl. (I had used the kashmiri red chili powder. It imparts nice red colour to the oil and is not spicy).
- Pour the heated oil on the chili powder and mix. Cover and keep it aside. The chili oil is ready.
- Stir frying vegetables and noodles – Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan or wok on high heat. Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chili. Stir fry on high heat for a minute.
- Add chopped leek and spring onion whites and saute for half minute.
- Add red and green capsicum strips. Saute for half minute.
- Add chopped cabbage.
- Mix well and add salt and saute for a minute on high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Saute till mushrooms shrink. Add spring onions green (leave some for garnishing). Mix well.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, ketchup, black pepper powder.
- Mix well and add curry powder. Mix everything well. Add 1/4 cup of water to prevent spices from burning.
- Bring heat to low and add the ready rice noodles.
- With the help of two forks toss everything well. Keep heat on low.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat till all the flavors are absorbed well.
- The vegetarian singapore noodles are ready. Sprinkle some spring onion greens and serve hot with chili oil and soy sauce.
- Vegetarian Singapore Noodles are ready to serve. Drizzle some chili oil and soy sauce and enjoy!!