Coconut Mint Chutney is variation to the regular coconut chutney made in the made in South Indian home with grinding together coconut, mint leaves, and roasted chana dal. The chutney has got a fresh aroma and taste of fresh mint / phudina. A tempering made with oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves is pour over the top of the chutney. It is served with idli, dosa, uttapam, paniyaram, upma, or even dhokla.
I had served this refreshing coconut mint chutney with zucchini sambhar and idli made with idli rava for a complete meal.
Recipe of different chutney on the blog:
Nariyal Curry Patta Chutney/Coconut Curry Leaves Chutney
Besan Chutney / Chickpea Flour Curry (Sauce)
Khandeli Dhana Lasan Ni Chutney (Coriander Pesto)
Sukha Lehsun Chutney (Dry Garlic Chutney)
Friends do try the recipe and share your feed back with me
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Coconut Mint Chutney
- mixer jar
- small pan
- 2 tbsp roasted chana dal bhuna chana dal, daaliya,
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mint leaves washed
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 2 green chili chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 2 cup water or more to adjust the consistency of chutney
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 dry red chili
- In a mixture jar add chopped ginger, green chili, salt
- Add the roasted chana dal.
- Add the washed mint leaves.
- Add the desiccated coconut.
- Add some water and blend together.
- Add the remaining water and blend together till smooth. Add tamarind paste or puree.
- Blend again till smooth.
- The coconut mint chutney is ready. Remove in a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let they crackle.
- After the seeds crackle, add dry red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour tadka on the chutney.
- Mix well.
- The Coconut Mint Chutney is ready to serve. The chutney can be refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container or freezed for 10 days.
- I had served coconut mint chutney with zucchini sambhar and soft idli for a complete meal.
3 thoughts on “Coconut Mint Chutney”