Coconut Peanut Chutney is a South Indian, easy to make, gluten free and vegan chutney. This spicy chutney is made by blending roasted peanuts, roasted bengal gram, coconut, tamarind, salt, chili with water. A tempering made with oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal , curry leaves and chili is poured over it to make it more tasty and aromatic. The chutney is a good accompaniments with South Indian dishes such as Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, vada, Paniyaram. It can be made from all the readily available ingredients from home.
Recipe of different chutney on the blog:
Friends do try the recipe and share your feed back with me
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Coconut Peanut Chutney
- mixer jar
- small pan for tempering (tadka pan)
- Add roasted and skin removed peanuts in the mixture bowl
- Add roasted bengal gram, green chili, tamarind ball and salt.
- Add desiccated or fresh coconut.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and blend it .
- Add remaining water and blend everything to smooth paste. Add more water if needed to adjust the consistency . It shoud be a little runny than cake batter consistency.
- Remove in a bowl.
For Tempering (tadka)
- Heat oil. Add urad dal.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they crackle add dry red chili, curry leaves, asafoetida. Mix well.
- Pour the hot tempering over the prepared ground chutney.
- Mix well.
- The coconut peanut chutney is ready to serve. It can be refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container or freezed for 15 -20 days..
- I had served the coconut peanut chutyney with tomato chutney , sambhar and soft soft idli made from idli rava for a complete meal.