Bajri Oats Churma Laddoo is a healthy sweet made by baking bajri, semolina, chick pea flour and oats , mixture and then crushing and shaping them to a ball. It is packed with the goodness of jaggery, ghee, sesame seeds, and dry nuts and flavored with cardamom. This laddoo are good source of energy and a healthy treat after sport or after school snacks of kids. It is a good winter dessert and provides warmth and energy to beat the cold winter.
This is a variation to the traditional churma laddoo made using whole wheat coarse flour. I had modified them and made them healthy. I had replaced the wheat flour with bajri flour, semolina, chick pea flour, and oats. Traditionally the whole wheat flour dough is shaped into logs and deep fried and then crushed into powder to make laddoo. I had modified this step and have baked the flour dough and then crushed them. This step saves the time of deep frying and cut offs the oil from deep frying. Also I had added the nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pepita, pistachio and some cashew nuts and sesame seeds that are good source of energy and vitamins and minerals.
I had shared different types of laddoos recipes earlier. Below are the name and click on it for the reicipe:
Healthy Ragi Oat Churma Laddoo
Roasted Gram Laddoo With Jaggery / Bhuna Chana Laddoo
Rava Nariyal Laddoo With Sugar Syrup / Semolina Coconut Balls
Please try these easy and healthy laddoos and do share your thoughts with me.
Khao dilse , khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Bajri Oats Churma Laddoo
- mixing bowl
- mixture grinder
- small sauce pan
- Baking tray
- baking paper
- 1.25 cup bajri flour pearl millet flour
- 1/2 cup semolina coarse
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dry nuts powder (almonds, cashew nut, pistachio, pepita)
- 1/2 cup walnut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 1/2 cup jaggery I had used the desi goad or natural jaggery. It is soft in texture.
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water for kneading the dough use more or less water as needed
- In a mixing bowl add bajri flour, sooji (semolina), chick pea flour (besan), sesame seeds, oats and oil.
- Mix them well with the finger tips.
- Gradually add luke warm as needed and knead into a tight dough.
- Divide the dough and roll each portion into ball and press it . Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and pierce evenly with fork.
- Put the pressed mixture to bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 C in a preheated oven flipping in betweenn after 10 minutes. (Do not over bake the mixture or it will lose moisture and laddoo will become dry). Remove the baked pieces and let them cool to room temperature.
- Coarsely cut them with your hands once cooled.
- In the mixture jar add walnuts and pulse them two to three times.
- Now add the coarsely cut flour mixture and grind everything into a smooth powder. (If you do not get smooth powder then sieve the mixture through a big hole sieve so that the big chunks of the flour mixture are removed and then they can be powdered again).
- Remove the powdered mixture into the same mixing bowl used to knead the dough. Add the powdered nut mixture and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add the jaggery into it and let it melt.
- Stir and melt the jaggery.
- Once the jaggery is melted immediately pour it on the powdered flour mixture. Mix with the help of spoon (be careful as the mixture will be too hot to handle).
- Once the melted jaggery and ghee combines well and the mixture becomes lukewarm, shape it into laddoos. If you find mixture is drying then add warm milk to it. (sometimes if the dough is baked more, then the moisture will dry and hence it will become difficult to shape into laddoo.)
- Apply ghee in your palm if required and shape the dough into small balls. Keep aside to set for some time . The yummy laddoos are ready. I could make small ping pong balls size 21 laddoo. You can shape as per the size you need.
- Serve the laddoo immediately or store them in an airtight container for 10-15 days.
4 thoughts on “Bajri Oats Churma Laddoo”
Healthy nd tasty ladoo recipe ,👌👌👌
Thank you so much
thank you so much