Chickpea, pumpkin, feta salad is a very refreshing salad balanced with the goodness of chickpea, roasted pumpkin, fresh spinach, and tomato. Pistachio and walnuts add crunch to the salad and crumbled feta cheese enhances the taste of the salad. The dressing has olive oil, lemon juice with a touch of garlic, mixed herbs and paprika. It is protein-rich, gluten-free and can be enjoyed as a one meal dish. It is good for lunch boxes and picnic.
Chickpea, pumpkin, feta salad
- 2 cup pumpkin washed, deseeded and chopped into cube
- 1 cup chickpea soaked and boiled
- 1 cup baby spinach washed
- 100 g cherry tomato washed and halved
- 50 g feta cheese crumbled, (if you do not have feta cheese you can add crumbled paneer with salt and lemon)
- 1/4 cup walnut chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachio
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 lemon juice
- salt to taste ( the fetta cheese has salt so add salt cautiously)
- 1 tsp olive oil for roasting pumpkin in oven
- Wash and cut the pumpkin into small cubes (1/2 inch). Spread the cut pumpkin on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil over it and mix it well.
- Bake the pumpkin in the preheated oven @ 200 C for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder, red chili flakes, black pepper powder, dried mixed herbs, and salt.
- Mix well. The dressing is ready.
- In a big mixing bowl, add boiled chickpeas, roasted pumpkin, baby spinach, cherry tomato, walnuts, pistachio and fetta cheese (keep aside some feta cheese for garnishing).
- Toss them well.
- Add the prepared dressing and toss the salad well so that all the ingredients are coated well with the dressing.
- Sprinkle some fetta cheese on top. The salad is ready to serve.
- I have filled my husband's lunch box for his office.
- Serve the salad and enjoy!!