Baked Parsley Polenta Chips With White Sauce Using Coconut Flour are delicious chips made from maize polenta , crisp from outside and soft from inside, flavorful with fresh parsley . They are baked and served with homemade creamy and healthy white sauce using coconut four. They are perfect to be served as an appetizer, snack or packed as a healthy lunch box.
If I am making the chips for the lunch box, I prefer to make the polenta mixture in the evening and let it set overnight. Next morning i cut the chips and bake them. While the chips are baking, i make the dipping sauce. You can however serve the chips with the dips and sauce of your choice. It goes well with pesto or any mayonnaise based dip.
I prefer adding a lot of fresh parsley if available in the season. You can make polenta chips without adding them too. Then in that case use vegetable stock to make the polenta mixture.
Adding parmesan cheese gives a very good taste to the polenta chips. If you do not have it then add any cheese of your choice. I had added a mixture of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese.
The polenta chips served in the restaurants are deep fried. At my home we prefer non fried and hence I have baked them. They taste best when hot and also if they are cold. I make in a big batch and refrigerate the baked chips in an airtight container to be enjoyed as snacks for next couple of days. My son (Aarav) is delighted when I pack the polenta chips in his lunch box.
Friends do try making this scrumptious chips at home and share your valuable feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Baked Parsley Polenta Chips With White Sauce Using Coconut Flour
- nonstick pan
- baking tin
- Baking tray
- 1.5 cup polenta
- 4.5 cup water sometimes you may need just 4 cups depending on the quality of polenta
- 1 cup parsley washed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 4 – 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese use parmesan cheese if possible ( I have used mixed of cheeses – mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano to sprinkle
- black pepper powder to sprinkle
- olive oil for brushing polenta chips
- salt to taste and some to sprinkle
White sauce using coconut flour (makes 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- Put water to boil in a wide non stick pan on high heat. (or any heavy bottom pan).
- After 5-6 minutes the water will start to boil.
- Add chopped parsley, 1/2 ts of chili flakes, and salt.
- Slowly add the polenta in a stream stirring continuously.
- The polenta will start absorbing water.
- Add black pepper powder. (I had added a tbsp of parmesan cheese powder too at this stage). Mix well.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well.
- Add remaining chili flakes and oil and mix well.
- The polenta is nicely absorbed and starts to leave the pan. Remove from the heat.
- Spread the polenta mixture into the baking tin lined with baking paper. (I have used two 6 inches square tin). Smooth the surface evenly with spatula. Let the mixture cool. Refrigerate the baking tin for 4-5 hours to set or overnight. I had kept it overnight.
- The polenta mixture is firm and set well.
- Remove the mixture along with baking paper on a chopping board and cut into fingers of equal size as shown.
- The polenta chip looks firm and is ready to deep fry or bake.
- Spread the chips on the baking tray. Brush with oil and sprinkle orgenao and some salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 C for 20-25 minutes.
white sauce using coconut flour
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole wheat flour and coconut flour.
- Saute on medium heat till fragnant and it changes colour.
- Add milk and mix well with hand whisk and bring the mixture to boil.
- After some time the mixture will start to thicken. Keep on stirring continuously. Add mixed herbs, chili flakes, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Keep on stirring till the mixture thickens.
- The sauce is ready . Remove in a serving bowl.
- Serve with baked polenta chips.
- Enjoy the baked parsley polenta chips with white sauce using coconut flour .
- Pack the chips and sauce for a delicious lunch box.