Choco Banana Shake is a very nutritious, quick, gluten free, energy drink made by blending banana , chocolate and milk together till smooth. It can be served as a healthy breakfast or after school snack.
My son (Aarav ) loves milk shakes and smoothies as his after school snack. It is getting hot in Sydney and hence it is a good and healthy option to make shakes and smoothies for kids with different fruits. You can use different type of fruits and dried fruits and nuts to make milk shakes.
Homemade drink is best as you have control on the ingredients specially sugar and fat that you are adding to make it. I prefer adding more fruits to make the shake thick instead of using any cream of ice creams. Also I prefer using low fat milk to make the regular shakes. You can use full fat milk if you want to. I would love to decorate the glasses if I have time to give the cafe style look. Kids get more attracted with these fancy presentation. Use fancy straws, different shaped cut fruits or different chocolates, wafer biscuits to decorate the kids glasses and serve them.
I make different type of shakes for Aarav and sometimes Mtihil (husband) and me also prefer to drink on hot days in place of afternoon tea.
Below is the list of different milkshake and smoothies that I had shared on the blog.
Do try and enjoy different shakes from the blog and please share your feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Choco Banana Shake
- stick blender or mixture jar
- serving glass
- blender jar or long jar or deep bowl
- 250 ml milk I had used low fat milk
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 1.5 tbsp chocolate syrup I have used Hershey's chocolate syrup. (You can add 2 tsp cocoa powder with 2 tsp sugar insted). Reserve 1/2 tbsp syrup for decorating glass.
- 1 tsp chocolate grated
- In a mixing jar or blender jar or deep bowl, add chopped banana and chocolate syrup (I had used Hershey's chocolate syrup. However if you do not have chocolate syrup then use 2 tsp of cocoa powder and 2 tsp sugar instead).
- Add 100 ml of milk to it.
- Blend everything smooth.
- Add remaining milk and blend everything well. If you want chilled milk shake then add 2-3 ice cubes while blending.
- Take the serving glass. Decorate it by pouring chocolate syrup on the inner edges .
- Pour the prepared choco banana shake and sprinkle some grated chocolate on it an serve. I had serve the shake to my son as his after school snack with homemade healthy soft cookies.