Baked cauliflower Ricotta Bites is super healthy, low calorie, calcium rich , gluten free, zero oil recipe made with few ingredients . The sesame seeds ,rich in calcium, coated outside the soft cauliflower ricotta flattened balls , helps to firm and hold the shape and also gives nice taste and crunch. The baked cauliflower ricotta bites can be served as an appetizer with dip or chutney of your choice, can be packed for lunch box, can be a used as a healthy filling for making sandwiches , wraps or burgers, easy to carry for a picnic of potluck, and a great party food. They can be made in big batches and freezed.
My friend (Lisa Mutton) got this delicious baked cauliflower ricotta balls for lunch at work. I was so happy to hear that the dish did not contain any oil and is baked. I am always hunting for such healthy and tasty dishes. Lisa was also happy to share this amazing recipe with me for the blog. I tried making the dish at home and everyone loved it. My son (Aarav) took it for his lunch box the next day. Thanks Lisa for sharing this amazing recipe. I thought I can also try making the same recipe with different vegetables.
Ricotta cheese has very smooth and soft texture. It firms up after baking and hence is good to make baked desserts and snacks.
In these recipe there is no binding agent such as corn flour or any other flour used. The ricotta cheese firms up after baking. A good amount of sesame seeds is used to coat the cauliflower ricotta bites. These help to hold the shape of the bites and also gives a nice texture and taste to it. If you do not want to use sesame seeds you can coat the bites with bread crumbs or corn flakes. If you do not have ricotta cheese you can use soft grated paneer instead. I haven’t tried making with paneer but i am sure it will be a good substitute.
After the cauliflower ricotta bites are baked, let them cool a bit to firm up and then carefully and gently use spatula to serve. If you will pick up the bites immediately after baking they will break as they are very soft. The baked cauliflower ricotta bites can be enjoyed with ketchup or any spicy dip or sauce. I think the schezwan sauce will go best with the bites. I have shared the recipe of schezwan sauce earlier on the blog.
So friends do try this healthy recipe and please share your feedback with me.
Happy healthy cooking!!
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Baked cauliflower Ricotta Bites
- mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- baking paper
- 3 cup cauliflower grated and water squeezed
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic chili paste (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp dry parsley or 1/4 cup of fresh, washed and finely chopped parsley. Use coriander instead parsley not available.
- 300 g sesame seeds white , til
- salt as per taste
- Take grated cauliflower in a bowl.
- Put in the strainer, and squeeze out excess water from it by pressing it between your palms.
- Take 3 cups of squeezed cauliflower in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and ginger garlic chili paste.
- Add ricotta cheese.
- Mix gently everything. The mixture will resemble like a smooth spread.
- Take a small portion of the mixture in your hands. Roll it and flatten. Take sesame seeds in a plate. Roll the flattened ball in the sesame seeds till they are coated nicely. (sesame seeds will help to hold the shape of the mixture). If you do not want to use sesame seeds then you use bread crumbs or corn flakes.
- Place the sesame coated ball into the baking tray lined with baking paper. Similarly make the remaining balls and place them on the baking tray as shown.
- Bake the cauliflower ricotta bites into a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 30 -35 minutes or till golden on the middle rack of the oven. (do not try to flip in between as the flattened balls will be very soft and will break). Let them cool a bit before serving. This will help to the bites to firm.
- Remove the cauliflower ricotta bites gently with a help of spatula in plate . Serve the baked cauliflower ricotta bites with ketchup or dip of any spicy dip of your choice. It will go well with schezwan sauce.