Pizza Thepla (Pizza Flavored Flatbread) is a fusion dish made by kneading the regular wheat flour with pizza sauce . Small roti is made from the kneaded dough and is roasted on a pan with oil. They are vegan and can be enjoyed for break fast, brunch or can be packed in the kids lunch boxes. They can be served with ketchup or pickle or curd or tea or coffee.
Different types of paratha/ thepla/dhebra/ flatbread on blog:
Bajra Jowar Dhebra / Pearl Millet Sorghum Flatbread
Lasaniya Bajri Rotla ( Pearl Millet Flatbread With Garlic)
Ragi Jowar Pyaaz Phudina Roti
Friends do try this recipe and share your feed back with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Pizza Thepla (Pizza Flavored Flatbread)
- mixing bowl
- rolling board
- rolling pin
- flat pan
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and 1/2 tbsp oil. Mix well with finger tips.
- Add the pizza sauce, oregano, dried basil , chili flakes. (I forgot to take the pic of oregano, dried basil and chili flakes).
- Mix well and start to knead into a soft dough. Add little water if needed.
- Knead into a smooth dough. Apply remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and smoothen the dough. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, knead again the dough well.
- Divide the dough into equal portion.
- Take one portion and make a smooth ball from it. Flatten the ball and dust with flour. Roll the dough into a circle about 15 cm diameter.
- Lift the rolled circle and put it on heated pan on a medium heat.
- Flip on the other side. Put oil and spread on it.
- Flip again and put oil and spread on it. Press and cook till golden spot appear on both sides.
- The pizza thepla is ready. Similarly make the remaining thepla.
- The pizza thepla are ready. They are soft and can be enjoyed with ketchup or pickle or curd or tea or coffee. They are good to be packed for kids lunchbox.