Whole Wheat Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Roll Wrap is a complete meal or snack enriched with goodness of carbohydrates from wheat and potato, protein from paneer and tofu, calcium from paneer, and fibre and mineral from vegetables. The rolls are pan fried and the wheat flour wrap are flavored with mint and nigella seeds (kalonji). The wraps can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afterschoolsnack, dinner. They stay good when packed in lunchboxes and can be enjoyed when they are assembled in the picnic. To make them vegan, substitute paneer with tofu.
The aloo paneer tofu vegetable roll can also be served by itself with a dip or sauce as a snack with a cup of tea/coffee or juice.
These wraps are favorite in my family.
What about yours? Do make them and let me know your feedback.
Till then Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Whole Wheat Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Roll Wrap
- pressure cooker
- potato masher
- mixing bowl
- rolling pin
- rolling board
Whole wheat dough for wrap
Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Rolls
- 2 potato washed , peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot washed, peeled and chopped
- 6 broccoli florets washed
- 1/2 cup peas (I have used frozen peas)
- 100 g cottage cheese paneer, grated (you can either use paneer or tofu or mix of both)
- 100 g tofu grated, (to make vegan use tofu instead of paneer)
- 2 tsp chat masala
- 2 tsp red chii powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder roasted, jeera powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder amchur
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tandoori masala (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped ( I have used dried coriander leaves)
- 2 tbsp chickpeaflour besan, roasted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- salt as per taste
Whole wheat dough for wrap and making wrap
- In a mixing bowl add wholewheat flour, mint leaves or powder, kalonji (nigella seeds), 2 tsp oil and salt as per taste. Mix.
- Mirx everything well with your fingertips. Gradually add water and knead into a semi soft dough just like kneading paratha dough.
- Apply 1/2 tsp of oil and smoothen the dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and rest for 20 minutes. (you can pressure cook the vegetables to make the rolls. See the steps below).
- After resting the dough, smooth again. Take one portion and roll into ball in your palm and flatten it. Put on the rolling board and dust with flour.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll into a 18 cm diameter circle.
- Put the rolled circle into a heated flat pan. The bubbles will start to form.
- Flip the wrap on other side with help of spatula. Put little oil on the it. Spread it with spatula.
- Cook on both sides till golden spot appear. Do not brown the wrap by cooking more.
- Remove in a plate.
- Similarly make wraps with remaining balls .Cool and stack on each other and cover them with cloth or put them in a airtight container.
Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Rolls
- While the dough for the wrap is kneaded and resting let us pressure cook the vegetables for making rolls . In a pressure cooker, add all washed and chopped vegetables - potato, carrot, peas and broccoli. Add around 1/2 cup water and salt and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Let the pressure cooker cool and then open the lid. The vegetables are nicely cooked.
- Put the vegetables in the strainer to remove excess water. The strained water can be used to knead the dough, or soup. Keep aside for 10 minutes to drain. (make sauce and cut salad while the water is drained from vegetables. See the step below).
- (After the wraps are made let us make the rolls). After the water is nicely drained, remove the vegetables in the mixing bowl or plate.
- Mash the vegetables nicely with the help of a potato masher. Add grated paneer and tofu. ( you can use only paneer or tofu as per your choice. Also to make vegan use tofu instead of paneer).
- Now add all the spices - red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, dry mango powder, garam masala, tandoori masala , black pepper powder and salt as per taste. Add corainder.
- Mix well with help of spoon or hands.
- Add bread crumbs and chickpea flour to the mixed mixture.
- Mix well nicely. The mixture will come together and form a dough.
- Grease your palms with hands and take some mixture and roll into a smooth log around 12 cm in length. Similarly make logs with remaining mixture. Refrigerate the rolls for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan. Put around tsp of oil on it and spread it. Now put prepared rolls in batches and cook them till golden from all sides on medium heat.
- Flip them on all the sides gently with the help of spatula and cook.
- The rolls are golden from all sides and are ready to serve. They can be served directly with sauce, dip or ketchup as a snack accompanied with tea/coffee/juice. To make wraps keep them aside and use as needed.
- While the vegetables are getting drained let us make sauce and cut salad. In a bowl add mayonnaise, chili sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix well. The sauce is ready for spreading on wrap.
- Cut cabbage thinly lengthwise. Slice the onions. Cut the red and green capsicum lengthwise as shown. Remove in a plate.
Assembling and toasting wrap
- Take one wrap and put it on low heat on pan.
- Apply around 1-2 tsp sauce on it evenly.
- Place the shredded cabbage, sliced onions and capsicum strips.
- Put the prepared aloo paneer tofu vegetable roll on it.
- Fold the two sides of the wrap. Cook for 30 sec or more if you need crispy wrap
- The whole wheat aloo paneer tofu vegetable roll is ready to serve. Remove and cut into halves. Serve the wrap hot with sauce, ketchup and salad. Similarly make remaining wraps. You can cover the wrap with aluminium foil and pack in the lunch box. Insert toothpick in the wrap to eat it fuss free in lunch box.