Vegetable Fried Rice (Indo Chinese Style ) is a popular , delicious, flavorful, aromatic street food in India. The long grain rice is cooked with fresh vegetables and flavored with freshly chopped garlic and ginger with soy sauce.
What is Indo Chinese Style – It is a fusion food made using combination of Indian and Chinese cooking techniques, ingredients, vegetables, sauces.
Historically, Chinese community had migrated to India for business and better prospects many years back. They opened restaurants for business and adapted their culinary styles to suit the tastes of their Indian patrons. It started getting popular among Indians.
So Indo Chinese food is made by using Chinese cooking techniques and flavored with Indian vegatables and spices. It is now become an integral part of Indian cuisines. There are so many joints selling Indo chinese food such as vegetable fried rice, manchurian, paneer chilly, schezwan rice, vegetable hakka noodles, spring rolls, momos, dumplings, etc.
Vegetable fried rice is one of the popular Indo Chinese dish and is served with a thick gravy cooked with vegetables and Chinese sauces. It is a very quick dish and easy dish and can be made easily at home. It can be also made with leftover rice. Also the advantage of making at home is that it is msg free and can be made with veggies of our choice and the quantity of sauces can be adjusted as per our choice.
I had used basmati rice to get the long grain. You can use any long grain rice of your choice. Always cook rice 80 % or al dante. The grains of rice should be cooked by yet separated.
I have shared with you the different types of recipes on the blog earlier:
Friends do try this quick and popular Indo Chinese recipe and please share your valuable feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Vegetable Fried Rice (Indo Chinese Style )
- 3 cup basmati rice Cook aldante( Cook 1 cup dry basmati rice . It yeilds around 3 cups rice)
- 2 tbsp oil I have used peanut oil but if you have sesame oil use it for more authentic taste.
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chili slit or finely chopped. Add more if you need more spiciness.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 7 spring onion washed and whites and greens chopped separately
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup peas boiled
- 1/4 cup corn boiled
- 2 tbsp soy sauce I have used light soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens for garnishing, washed and finely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok at high heat. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute till aromatic on high heat.
- Add chopped onion ( I had not added as my son does not like it), spring onions white and greens. (leave some spring onion green to add later). Mix well on high heat.
- Add chopped capsicum and carrots. Mix well.
- Add thinly sliced cabbage, sliced mushrooms, boiled peas and corn.
- Add some salt and saute everything on high heat till all veggies gets a good glaze and half cooked. (Do not overcook the veggies, they should be crunchy on biting).
- Add remaining spring onion greens.
- Add cooked basmati rice, soy sauce, red chili sauce and black pepper powder.
- Mix well. Now lower the heat to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Cover and simmer for couple of minutes so that all the flavors of sauces and nicely absorbed.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and the vegetable fried rice is ready to serve.
- Remove the indo chinese style vegetable fried rice in bowl. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve with manchurian gravy.